Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021/Programme/Submissions/Let’s talk about EduWiki Outreach Collaborators and Wikimedia Serbia’s experience being a part of it!
- Title of the submission
Let’s talk about EduWiki Outreach Collaborators and Wikimedia Serbia’s experience being a part of it!
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Author(s) of the submission
Sailesh Patnaik, Nebojša Ratković
Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Serbia
- Community Engagement
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
In this presentation, we will highlight a community engagement initiative “EduWiki Outreach Collaborators”(EWOC), this is a shared learning group that helps the Wikimedia education community in better networking, communications, and capacity building skills. We will also share the role Wikimedia Serbia played in being a part of the first cohort of EWOC. This topic will help Wikimedians in the CEE region to discover the EWOC project, know their benefits and how to work with other Wikimedians to gain experience and learn different skills. It will also help them to improve the first steps of regional networking, to grow the community on the quality side.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
- Discover the work of EduWiki Outreach Collaborators, understand how to share their work with the wider movement, get support from fellow community members in their region and identity cross-community collaboration opportunities.
- Have awareness of the EWOC program (Awareness)
- Motivate the participants to be a part of the EWOC in future
- To engage/support with the local/regional EWOC representatives (Collaboration opportunity)
- To understand the comms and engagement in the Education (Communications)
- Support the small communities (Representation)
- They will feel that they belong in the Wikimedia and Education movement
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
Slides will be available in October.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).