Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021/Programme/Submissions/CEE Spring in Ukraine
- Title of the submission
CEE Spring in Ukraine: What we learned from improving Ukrainian Wikipedia's largest article contest in 2021
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Author(s) of the submission
Wikimedia Ukraine, Ukrainian Wikipedia
Community Engagement, Content Gaps
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
Basic to medium
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
CEE Spring in Ukrainian Wikipedia has consistently been the largest CEE Spring country edition & the largest article contest in Ukrainian-language wiki projects. In 2020, for example, a record 3800 articles were created and improved by over 100 participants.
In 2021, though, we redesigned and shortened the contest to allow for more focus on quality and partnership building. We also introduced other changes, such as more work to encourage international participants to write about Ukraine.
During this session, I'll share how CEE Spring in Ukraine works, how and why we altered its format in 2021, and what we learned from this year's edition.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
The session will provide useful tips & beneficial examples to the communities involved in CEE Spring and other content campaigns .
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).