Template:Infobox Wikimedia Chapter Template:Chapters Wikimedia Bangladesh (Bengali: উইকিমিডিয়া বাংলাদেশ) or WikimediaBD (locally registered in Bangladesh as Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation) is an approved chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. It was approved by the Wikimedia Board of trustees on October 3, 2011 and was the 39th chapter to be approved by the Wikimedia Foundation board. It was locally registered in Bangladesh on 9 June 2014 at Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms as a non-profit foundation under the Societies Registrations Act, 1860 bearing the registration number S-11906 and official name Wikimedia Bangladesh Foundation.
|Bengali language (|
|Bishnupriya Manipuri (|
|Bishnupriya Manipuri Wikipedia||Wikipedia||Bishnupriya Manipuri||উইকিপিডিয়া|
|English language (|
|All English language projects, most notably English Wikipedia (to develop Bangladesh and Bengali language/culture related content).|
|Local communities run by Wikimedia Bangladesh|
|Name (en)||Local name||Area|
|Chattogram Wikipedia Community||চট্টগ্রাম উইকিপিডিয়া সম্প্রদায়||Chattogram Division|
|Rajshahi Wikipedia Community||রাজশাহী উইকিপিডিয়া সম্প্রদায়||Rajshahi Division|
|Sylhet Wikipedia Community||সিলেট উইকিপিডিয়া সম্প্রদায়||Sylhet Division|
|Barishal Wikipedia Community||বরিশাল উইকিপিডিয়া সম্প্রদায়||Barishal Division|
|Khulna Wikipedia Community||খুলনা উইকিপিডিয়া সম্প্রদায়||Khulna Division|
|Cumilla Wikipedia Community||কুমিল্লা উইকিপিডিয়া সম্প্রদায়||Cumilla District|
Becoming a member
Three types of membership are available: Regular membership, Supporting membership and Institutional membership. Any natural person and institution/corporate body may become member of Wikimedia Bangladesh. Members may either be Bangladeshis or foreign nationals. Those who are under 18 years of age may become Supporting members and those who are 18+ may become Regular members. Individuals have to pay yearly membership fees; the year will be calculated from the July-June session. Regular Member: 500 BDT, Supporting member: 100 BDT. For more information please visit member registration rules. Membership registration forms are available here at WMBD's official website.
(From our Memorandum of Association)
- To create awareness among the people of Bangladesh about the availability of free and open educational content and enable them to effectively use this.
- To help build the capacity of individuals and institutions to access, develop and contribute to free and open educational resources which include but are not limited to, encyclopedias, dictionaries, books, images etc.
- To organize workshops, seminars, study circles, conferences, training programs and other educational activities in collaboration and co-operation with academic/educational institutes, research groups, non-government organizations, foreign agencies, governments and any other interested organization for spreading the knowledge and/or use of free and open educational resources.
- To support the charitable work of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- To promote wider participation in the creation, dissemination and expansion of information and educational resources covering the world’s knowledge and languages to all persons, everywhere.
- To further the development of electronic, printed and other resources required to support such participation.
- To produce, publish and develop or cause to be produced, published and developed, information/educational resources, whether in printed, electronic or other forms.
- To encourage the use of information resources for the advancement of education.
- To do all and any other acts or things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the above objects.
See the updated list on the chapter wiki of Wikimedia Bangladesh with short biography.
The current Executive Committee consists of the following people.
- Tanvir Rahman (President)
- Ankan Ghosh Dastider (General Secretary)
- Masum Al Hasan (Treasurer)
- Shabab Mustafa (Member)
- Tanweer Morshed (Member)
- Ali Haidar Khan (Member)
- Moheen Reeyad (Member)
- Subrata Roy (Member)
- Wikipedia School Program at Agrabad Government Colony High School (Boys' Section) 01.JPG
School program to encourage students to read Wikipedia.
- Bangla Wikipedia 10 year Founding Anniversary Conference 2015 (214).JPG
Bangla Wikipedia 10 year Founding Anniversary Conference.
- Bangla Wikipedia 10 year Founding Anniversary Conference 2015 (160).JPG
Women participants at a workshop.
- Collaboration Meeting, Bangladesh and Indian Wikimedians - Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration - Daffodil International University - Dhaka 2015-05-30 1762.jpg
Collaboration Meeting, Bangladesh and Indian Wikimedians.
- The first prize winner wikipedian receiving prize for edit contest.JPG
- Jimmy Wales in Bangladesh Press Conference by Wikimedia Bangaldesh 16.JPG
- Wiki gathering at Ekushey Book Fair 2015.JPG
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at Carmichael College (43).jpg
- 10 years of Bengali Wikipedia.jpg
Jimmy Wales giving a speech at the Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Gala Event, Dhaka, 2015.
- 10th year anniversary of Bengali Wikipedia.jpg
- Wikipedia Contributor day - Wikimedia Bangladesh and Grameen Phone.jpg
Wikipedia Contributor day - Wikimedia Bangladesh and GrameenPhone, 2014.
- BN10 press conference 10.JPG
- SUB workshop 8.JPG
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at Chittagong Independent University (32).JPG
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at Chittagong Independent University (51).JPG
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at MU, Sylhet7.JPG
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at University of Barisal (15).JPG
- Wikipedia Workshop with Christel Steigenberger in Rajshahi (38) (cropped).jpg
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at Barendra University (58).jpg
- Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at KUET (06).JPG
Bangla Wikipedia quiz contest winner receiving crest at Bangla Wikipedia Workshop at KUET, Khulna, 2014.
- AGM Session All Member and Attendee.jpg
- Ekushey Wiki gathering in Rajshahi, 2017 04.jpg
- Wiki meetup and press conference on Wikipedia Zero in Bangladesh (10).jpg
- Wikipedia workshop UITS-5.JPG
- Wikigathering on 21st February 2013-1.JPG
- 2nd day of Bangla Wikipedia Unconference 2012 by Akib Bin Shahriar (47).jpg
- 10 years of Wikipedia Birthday party 098.JPG
10 years of Wikipedia celebration, Dhaka, 2011.
- 10 years of Wikipedia celebration Chittagong 009.jpg
10 years of Wikipedia celebration, Chittagong, 2011.
- Photowalk 31 12 10 081.JPG
Wikipedia photowalk, Dhaka, 2010.
Script error: No such module "gallery".
- For regular meetups and workshops please visit WMBD's documentation website.
Photos of past Wikimedia events in Bangladesh are available here. Few major events organised by Wikimedia Bangladesh in the past are as follows:
- Wikipedia 10 (2011)
- Bangla Wikipedia Unconference 2012 was held in Chittagong on March 2nd and 3rd of 2012.
- Bangla Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration in Dhaka (2014–15)
- Wikipedia 15 (2016)
- Wiki Loves Earth in Bangladesh
- Wiki Loves Monuments in Bangladesh
To see all kinds of events organised by Wikimedia Bangladesh please see our activity report.
Script error: No such module "Side box".