They are featured in "The Walrus and the Carpenter or The Story of the Curious Oysters" segment wherein the little oysters are tricked by The Walrus and the Carpenter into going for a walk when in actuality they planned to eat them.
When the Carpenter spots a bed of oysters, the Walrus goes into the water to try to entice to come on a walk. The mother oyster declines his offer in a feeble voice saying it's not the time to leave her oyster bed, as she knows that oysters are eaten in months with an "R" in them. Though the mother advises that her children stay home, the Walrus silences her long enough to trick the oysters into following him. At the Carpenter's diner, while the Carpenter prepares a "sauce that's fit for kings", the greedy Walrus eats all of the oysters, leaving the Carpenter to discover their empty shells when he tried to find his share of them.
Interestingly, though they are eaten, six of them make their last appearance near the end in a reprise of "The Caucus Race." (Four of them were behind the Carpenter and in front of the card soldiers, and the other two were behind the card soldiers and in front of the hawk.) This is likely because it is all a product of Alice's own imagination welling up as she nears waking up from her dream.
- In the original poem, the mother oyster wasn't present. Instead, it was the eldest oyster who warned the rest not to leave.
- The Curious Oysters are among the few Disney heroes to be defeated and killed (and ultimately eaten) by their respective villains, along with Chicken Little and Ichabod Crane.
The oysters seconds away from being eaten by the Walrus.
- Tumblr n1qoual7aS1qhcrb0o1 1280.jpg
- Oyster inkers test 640.jpg
- German bluchert verlag book 1967 back 640.jpg
- Germany dalla -1 1953 pg 12 blog.jpg
- Cheshire Cat Tsum Tsum Phone Stand.jpg
- Oyster Tsum Tsum Medium.jpg
- Tsum Tsum Game Characters.jpeg
- Little Oyster Tsum Tsum Game.png
- Tsum Tsum Pencil Case 1.jpg
- Tsum Tsum Charm Baby Oyster.jpg
- Tsum Tsum Poster.jpg
- Baby Oyster Tsum Tsum Magnet.jpg
- Tsum Tsum 3DS Cover.jpg
Curious Oysters Stock Art