Avatar: The Last Airbender Cookbook: Official Recipes from the Four Nations
Template:Publication infoboxAvatar: The Last Airbender Cookbook: Official Recipes from the Four Nations is a book based on Avatar: The Last Airbender created by Jenny Dorsey, which collects recipes for signature dishes in the world of Avatar. It is scheduled to be released by Insight Editions on November 9, 2021. The book is written in an in-universe style, with characters such as Iroh, Katara, Azula, and the cabbage merchant presenting and commenting on the recipes.
Feast on delicacies unique to the Earth Kingdom, Water Tribe, Air Nomads, and the Fire Nation with the official Avatar: The Last Airbender Cookbook.
From the shores of Kyoshi Island to the crowded streets of Ba Sing Se, this official cookbook collects signature dishes from all four nations, like vegetarian plates of the Air Nomads, fiery entrees from the Fire Nation, seafood from the North and South Poles, and delectable cuisine from the Earth Kingdom.
Featuring enticing color photography, step-by-step instructions, and tips for adapting dishes to specific diets, this book includes sixty authentic food and beverage recipes inspired by the beloved series. Enjoy this diverse compendium of delicacies from the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Northern and Southern Water Tribes
- The author, Jenny Dorsey, is a Chinese American professional chef, author, and artist.
- Dorsey mentioned that, while writing the book, she made sure to respect the cultures and cuisines from which the show takes influences, meaning mainly Japanese, Chinese, and Inuit cuisines for the Fire Nation, the Earth Kingdom, and the Water Tribes, respectively.
- Dorsey stated that the "Cabbage Cookies, Spicy Jang Hui Clams, Monk Gyatso's Fruit Pies, and Stewed Sea Prune Soup" were some of her favorite dishes in the book.
- "Avatar: The Last Airbender Cookbook Official Recipes from the Four Nations". Simon & Schuster. https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Cookbook/Jenny-Dorsey/Avatar/9781647223380/. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
- "Avatar Cookbook Q&A". Jenny Dorsey on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CI4DzAIndIm/. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- Dorsey, Jenny (July 26, 2020). "An update on #AvatartheLastAirbender Cookbook!". Twitter. https://twitter.com/chefjennydorsey/status/1419733981696708684. Retrieved 2021-07-30.
- "Some preview pages went up on catalog sites, but they're not finalized yet! Placeholder text, etc.". Avatar News on Twitter. https://twitter.com/AvatarNews_/status/1325966828040986625/photo/1. Retrieved November 10, 2020.