All Shore Industries, Inc.
All Shore Industries is a digital display manufacturing company based in Staten Island, New York. Founded in 1989 as a spin-off from Cynex Manufacturing Corporation and Planum Technology Corporation. All Shore develops consumer products including video games, controllers and components. Cynex MFG, founded in 1974 by the All shore team, was one of the first video game developers. One of their key products was a remote-control joystick for the video game industry called “Game mate”. Atari, a major video game producer. Atari licensed the game mate remote-control joystick from Cynex and contracted them to manufacture the product. Atari contracted Cynex MFG for an exclusive design and manufacture contract for other video game products. Other clients of the company include Ideal Toys, Mattel Toys, Knickerbocker Toys, CBS Toys, Pyrotronics, and B&B Motors.
All Shore Industries is a Global Electronics Manufacturing company offering mid to high volume contract manufacturing of custom electrical/electronic and mechanical products, including full design support for customer specific applications.
Cynex Manufacturing MFG., founded in 1974 by All Shore Industries, Inc., was one of the first video game developers and a domestic contract design and manufacturing company located in Hillside, NJ. Cynex designed and produced many telecommunication accessories, as well as motor controllers and video game products. One of the key products from Cynex MFG, was a remote-control joystick for the video game industry, called “Game mate”. Atari licensed the game mate remote-control joystick from Cynex and contracted them to manufacture the product. Additionally, Atari contracted Cynex MFG for an exclusive design and manufacture contract for other video game products.
Cynex Manufacturing evolved into Planum Technology continuing its growth in inventing and developing innovative consumer and industrial products with more than 30 patents. Planum created and manufactured for major electronics giants including Atari, Arrow Fasteners, Conair, Radio Shack, Toys R Us, IBM, Chesebrough-Ponds Inc., Hasbro Inc, etc.
In order to offer the benefits of global purchasing and low-cost Asian manufacturing, the company was reformed in 1989 as All Shore Industries. All Shore Industries is now located in Staten Island, New York with three major activity departments: Contract Manufacturing, LCD Displays, and Power Supplies. Manufacturing is completed in ISO9001 certified facilities located in China and Taiwan. Engineering, program management, and all customer interface services take place from their NY headquarters.
- LCD Display modules, standard and custom
- TFT Modules, standard and customized
- Standard LCD Character and Graphic Modules
- Standard OLED Modules
- LCD Glass Panels, standard and custom
- 2000. Movable Barrier Operator Having Passive Infrared Detector. (Pat. # 6737968)
- 1995. Retractable Tape Measure (Pat.# D364575)
- 1986. Remote Reprogramming System for Telephone Call Forwarding... (Pat. # 06920773, 4768221)
- 1985. Remote control system for a video computer game (Pat.# 4531740)
- 1983. Power factor controller (Pat. # 4413217)
- 1983. Polyphase power factor controller (Pat.# 4412167)
- 1981. Power factor controller (Pat.# 4388578)
Contract Manufacturing, LCD Displays, and Power Supplies. Manufacturing is done at ISO9001 certified facilities located in China and Taiwan. Engineering, program management, and all customer interface takes place from their NY headquarters.
Awards & Recognition
- 2000. 30 years preferred supplier for Arrow Fastener Company.
- 1997. All Shore partners with the OKI advance products group.
- 1988. Saturday September 3 published in the New York Times “Remote call-forward devices” allows people with call forwarding telephone service to change the forwarding number from remote site developed by New Jersey companies Planum Pat.32
- 1987. Published in Technology News September “Motor controller from Planum technology/All Shore cut energy cost extending motor’s life”.
- "Patent #: US006737968". 18 May 2004. https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=6737968&idkey=NONE&homeurl=http%3A%252F%252Fpatft.uspto.gov%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fpatimg.htm.
- "Patent #: US006737968". 18 May 2004. https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum=D364575&docid=06737968&IDKey=4A825F12CC98%0D%0A&HomeUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fpatimg.htm.
- Andrews, Edmund (1988-09-03). "PATENTS; Remote Call-Forward Devices" (in en-US). The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/1988/09/03/business/patents-remote-call-forward-devices.html.