Aladdin and the Missing Jewel Chest
Aladdin and the Missing Jewel Chest is a 1982 Disney's Wonderful World of Reading storybook featuring Mickey Mouse in the role of Aladdin. This book was published less than ten years before Disney released their version of Aladdin.
Minnie Mouse, the wife of Aladdin (Mickey Mouse) and daughter of the Sultan, guards Aladdin's lamp while he is away. Upon his return and the arrival of a letter from the Sultan, Aladdin and Princess Minnie go on a journey to meet up with the Sultan and celebrate his birthday. Unbeknownst to them, one of their guards is secretly a magician in disguise, waiting to steal Aladdin's lamp from Princess Minnie's jewel chest. With the help of his magic medal that connects him to a genie when he rubs it, Aladdin has to get his lamp and the jewel chest back.
- Aladdin - Mickey Mouse in the role of the thief turned royal. Married to Princess Minnie, daughter of the sultan. He owns a magic lamp, a magic medal, and a magic carpet.
- Princess Minnie - Minnie Mouse is the daughter of the Sultan and therefore a princess. She is married to Aladdin and watches over his magic lamp when he is away. She has lots of dresses and pretty jewels, which she holds in a chest.
- The Sultan - Unlike Aladdin and Minnie, the Sultan is a human. His daughter is Princess Minnie. During this adventure, he is away at his summer palace by the sea.
- Magician - Disguised as a royal guard, the magician is after Aladdin's magic lamp. He is the villain of the story and goes along with Aladdin and Princess Minnie in the hopes that he will finally get the lamp.
- All of the characters in the story, apart from Aladdin and Princess Minnie, are humans.