Abdulhakim Idris is one of the founding members of the East Turkistan Union in Europe in 1991 in Germany which is the first established Uyghur organizations in Europe.He also co-founded the World Uyghur Youth Congress (WUYC) in 1996 and the East Turkistan National Congress in 1999 as well as the one of the founders of the World Uyghur Congress in 2004. He previously served as Treasury, Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee, Director of the Refugee Center for the World Uyghur Congress. He was the Treasury and Chairman of the Executive Committee for the World Uyghur Youth Congress and also served as one of the Board Directors for the Uyghur American Association in Washington DC as well.
- "Mr. Abdulhakim A Idris" (in en-US). https://www.uyghurcongress.org/en/staff/mr-abdulhakim-idris/.
- "Turkish opposition emerges as key ally of Uyghur activists on US China policy" (in en-US). 2020-12-01. https://www.foreignlobby.com/2020/12/01/turkish-opposition-emerges-as-key-ally-of-uyghur-activists-on-us-china-policy/.
- "From Istanbul to Xinjiang, via Dushanbe: The shocking plight of Uighur Muslims" (in en-US). 2020-07-28. https://indianarrative.com/world/from-istanbul-to-xinjiang-via-dushanbe-the-shocking-plight-of-uighurs-7067.html.
- "WEEKLY BRIEF: 1 May 2020" (in en-US). 2020-05-01. https://www.uyghurcongress.org/en/weekly-brief-1-may-2020/.
- "Uighurs Protest Outside White House Against Chinese Regime | CNN News18". https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/uighurs-protest-outside-white-house-against-chinese-regime-cnn-news18/vi-BB19DL66.
- "A Uyghur Man’s Letter to His Lost Mother" (in en-US). 2020-04-28. https://campaignforuyghurs.org/a-uyghur-mans-letter-to-his-lost-mother/.
- Idris, Abdulhakim (2020-04-28). "A Uyghur Man’s Letter to His Lost Mother" (in en-US). https://bitterwinter.org/a-uyghur-mans-letter-to-his-lost-mother/.