The company is owned by German manufacturer Hero Eco, formerly known as Ultra Motor.
The A2B company launched the metro in 2009, the first specially designed bike frame for electric motors. It was reviewed by Wired. In 2013, Hero Eco rebranded as A2B. The brand remained owned by Hero Eco Group.
In 2012, Hero Eco acquired the two-wheeler division of Ultra Motor. In 2013, A2B bikes were manufactured in Taiwan, and manufacturing moved to Europe in 2014 and 2015.
Between 2012 and 2013, Hero Eco sold around 9,000 units of A2B bike in 22 countries. 
A2B replaced the metro with the upgraded version now called the Octave. The Alva Plus is a lighter, sportier version. The Shima has speeds up to 28 mph. The lightest ebikes are the Ferber, Galvani, and the folding Kuo Plus.
In 2009, it released the Ultramotor A2B electric bicycle.
In February 2018, Hero Electric launched in India a new faster, range. This comprised an e-scooter codenamed the AXLHE-20, and two e-bicycles, the A2B Speed and Kuo Boost. The AXLHE-20 claims a top speed of 85 kmph along with a maximum range of 110 kilometres on one charge. The A2B Speed, that can be ridden both using electric or pedal power, has a maximum speed of 45 kmph.
- "Hero Eco weighs options to roll out premium A2B bike in India". The Economic Times. February 24, 2013. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/automobiles/hero-eco-weighs-options-to-roll-out-premium-a2b-bike-in-india/articleshow/18654731.cms. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Time - Volume 173 - Page 29 Briton Hadden, Henry Robinson Luce - 2009
- Urban Green: Architecture for the Future - Page 1 Neil B. Chambers - 2011
- Briggs, John (2013). "The Hero Eco A2B Metro Electric Bike is a City Commuter's Dreamcycle". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2013/04/25/the-ultra-motors-a2b-metro-electric-bike-is-a-city-commuters-dreamcycle/.
- Whole Green Catalog: 1000 Best Things for You and the Earth - Page 99, Michael W. Robbins - 2009
- Dumas, Daniel (October 15, 2008). "REVIEW: A2B ELECTRIC BIKE PUTS SOME BUZZ INTO BACKPEDALING". Wired. https://www.wired.com/2008/10/review-a2b-elec/.
- Chapman, Matthew (March 11, 2013). "Hero Eco transforms into A2B". Campaign Live. https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/hero-eco-transforms-a2b/1178864.
- "Hero Eco Plans to Launch ULtra Premium A2B Bike". International Business Times. February 24, 2013. https://www.ibtimes.co.in/hero-eco-plans-to-launch-ultra-premium-a2b-bike-for-2-lakh-in-2013-438772.
- Trinh, Tina (August 7, 2013). "A2B Kuo Review: What's It Like Riding an Electric Bike?". ABC News. https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/review-a2b-kuo-electric-bike/story?id=19884140.
- Soni, Naveen (2 February 2018). "Hero Electric unveils high-speed electric bikes in India". The Times of India. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/auto/bikes/hero-electric-unveils-high-speed-electric-bikes-in-india/articleshow/62754901.cms. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Hero Electric Unveils Three Electric Two Wheelers - AXLHE-20, A2B Speed, A2B Kuo Boost". News18. February 5, 2018. https://www.news18.com/news/auto/hero-electric-unveils-three-electric-two-wheelers-axlhe-20-a2b-speed-a2b-kuo-boost-1650869.html.
- "Hero Eco weighs options to roll out premium A2B bike in India". The Economic Times. February 24, 2013. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/hero-eco-weighs-options-to-roll-out-premium-a2b-bike-in-india/articleshow/18654731.cms.
- Lyndon, Neil (July 11, 2009). "Ultramotor A2B electric bicycle is a volt from the blue". The Daily Telegraph. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/green-motoring/5794900/Ultramotor-A2B-electric-bicycle-is-a-volt-from-the-blue.html.