49th Parallel Coffee
49th Parallel Coffee is a coffee roaster and retailer based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The retailer's flagship cafe and roastery was setup in 2004, and the retailer has establishments over the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia.
49th Parallel Coffee was founded as a coffee roaster and retailer by brothers Vince, and Michael Picollo, in Vancouver, in 2004. The company was setup as a Third Wave Coffee roaster focusing on a direct trade and sustainable sourcing programs with coffee farmers. The company operates a chain of cafes in the Metro Vancouver region.  The company sells its coffee via its own cafes, as well as other direct and indirect channels, and on its own website including subscription plans.
The roaster and retailer announced a strategic investment from the Montreal, Quebec, based investment firm Claridge Inc. in February, 2019. While the investment amount was not announced, it was announced that the investment would be used to expand product portfolio, geographical footprint, and augmenting distribution channels. 
- Pack, The Roasters. "49th Parallel Coffee Roasters" (in en). https://theroasterspack.com/pages/49th-parallel.
- "Vince Piccolo: Quality control" (in en). https://biv.com/article/2013/08/vince-piccolo-quality-control.
- Inc, 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters. "49th Parallel Coffee Roasters® and Claridge Announce Strategic Partnership" (in en). https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/49th-parallel-coffee-roasters-r-and-claridge-announce-strategic-partnership-826963700.html.
- "Our Story" (in en). https://49thcoffee.com/pages/our-story.
- Carlsen, Zachary. "Coffee Design: 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters" (in en-US). https://sprudge.com/nice-package-49th-parallel-96583.html/.
- "CBC - Guide to Buying and Brewing Specialty Coffee". https://www.cbc.ca/life/food/your-guide-to-buying-brewing-and-enjoying-specialty-coffee-even-if-you-ve-yet-to-enjoy-your-first-sip.
- "49th Parallel - Sourcing Transparency Report". https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0803/6099/files/49th_Parallel_Transparency_Report_Booklet_2018_VIEWING.pdf.
- "Vancouver's 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters to Tap Into Claridge Investment" (in en). 2019-02-05. https://dailycoffeenews.com/2019/02/05/vancouvers-49th-parallel-coffee-roasters-to-tap-into-claridge-investment/.
- February 5, Justin Dallaire; 2019 (2019-02-05). "49th Parallel Coffee Roasters' relationship-focused approach". https://strategyonline.ca/2019/02/05/49th-parallel-coffees-relationship-focused-approach/.