42 Technologies Inc. is a cloud-based business-to-business predictive analytics platform for retailers. It consolidates point of sale data to allow retailers to leverage data across various platforms and more easily identify key trends among customers and sales.
42 was founded in February 2013 by Cathy Han and Nick Porter at Decoded Fashion, a platform for startups to develop and pitch technological innovations for solving problems faced in the fashion and retail industry. Launching amid the New York Fashion Week in February 2013, 42 was selected as a finalist at the event, and later debuted at TechCrunch Disrupt NY, where it was named one of TechCrunch's 30 most disruptive companies. Originally based in Toronto, 42 was chosen for the Winter 2013 batch of Y Combinator, and is now located in San Francisco. In May 2018, 42 Technology launched monitoring system for secondary electrical distribution substations.
- "42". https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/42. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- Perez, Sarah. "42 Is The Answer To Everything…In Personalized Analytics For Retail". https://techcrunch.com/2013/04/29/42-is-the-answer-to-everything-in-personalized-analytics-for-retail/. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- Fong, April (2 March 2014). "How Y Combinator-backed 42 is bringing big data to offline retailers". http://business.financialpost.com/entrepreneur/fp-startups/how-y-combinator-backed-42-is-bringing-big-data-to-offline-retailers. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "Hitting Europe in Style: The 42 Technologies Soft-Landing Story". http://www.cdmn.ca/hitting-europe-in-style-the-42-technologies-soft-landing-story/. Retrieved 19 August 2015.[dead link]
- "42 Technology launches new substation monitoring system". networks.online. https://networks.online/gphsn/news/1001062/technology-launches-substation-monitoring.